Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Simple Greetings


I wish I had enough guts to show you what I did with this class the first time. I was done about 2 weeks ago which would have been better for my blog as I would have had something to post! With two cards finished ... I went to bed. After getting up, I took my coffee and went to survey the work I did and thought I had completed, only to find that I wasn't as enamored of them as the night before! Back to the drawing board!



Of all the new techniques I have embraced this last year - Colored pencils is by far my most favorite
(bad english :) Which is strange, since I have been using them for over 10 years...just not with gamsol.
But what if you are using a stamp that is solid and doesn't have any outlines to color in? In the past I just would have stamped in a soft colorbox ink and shaded with other colored pencils. Would gamsol work I wondered?
It did work actually. I stamped the flowers using "Wheat Versamagic Chalk Ink" . You can just see the outline of the ink on the hot pink flowers. I add the pencil only in the bell of the flower and then pulled it up towards the middle with gamsol. With the soft pink color I didn't bother to add any gamsol as it was an effort just to get enough color to show.

SUPPLIES:
Stamps:
Penny Black / Salutations / 30-014
Inks:
Versa Magic Chalk ink pad "Wheat"
ColorBox Chalk ink pad "Chestnut Roan"
Prismacolor Pencils:
PC994 Process Red
PC1014 Deco Pink
PC914 Cream
Papers:
s.e.i. Playday / flowershower/ used the backside
Bazzill Prismatics / Suede Dark Brown
Bazzill Dotted Swiss / Pirouette
Other Products:
May Arts Ribbon / HA17 / Soft Pink Satin
Liquid Pearls / Gold Pearl
Blending Paper Stumps / Pro Art No.2 / Taiwan
Spellbinders / Nestabilities / Labels Fourteen / S4-290

Posted by Picasa
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...