Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

A Stampscape Grove



Well...Christmas is over and it's time to live up to my ambitious calendar!  As usual...I want to make sure that the store I'm guest teaching at gets done first...and here it is!   If only you could see how many times I made the centerpiece you would be greatly encouraged and probably feel the need to sweep up all the hair I pulled up in order to make it work!  At the risk of sounding full of myself...the picture doesn't do it justice.  It looks much better in person.  Unfortunately...I don't have time to take camera lessons (got to keep up with that ambitious calendar!)  The paper I used to mount it on is not showing it's true colors and tends to look quite dull here.

I've removed the ribbon on the card and tried to take the picture from a different angle.  This might be a little better. The moss green of the background paper is showing a little better in this picture.

This is card one of 2 cards for an Entry Level Stampscapes Class at Destination Marysville (810) 388-0500 (if you want to sign up).  When contemplating the amount of hair I had to pull out in order to make the card...I did briefly wonder if it should have been called "Entry Level".  But now that all the weeping and gnashing of teeth has been accomplished...I've decided that it isn't very hard.  The hard part was me trying to design a new card.  At this point you might be asking yourself if I've chosen the right profession....me too.

By the Bye.....I've always used Glossy Paper by Inkssentials (Ranger Products) because I could not find it's equal elsewhere.  However...it is expensive.  Since being introduced to Xpedx by a friend of mine (a national paper supply store) I am happy to say...I have a much cheaper solution and am not quite so shocked when I realize how many pieces I've thrown out in order to attain perfection.  (don't speak up now and tell me that it isn't perfect....it's finished ok??!!)  Go thou and do likewise!  find the Xpedx store nearest you and buy a whole ream!  250 sheets somewhere in the neighborhood of $20. 



Since there was only one stamp used - besides the sentiment - I made it worth it's weight by stamping it along the inside as well. 


Supplies:
 

Ink: 
Tim Holtz Distress "Black Soot"
Adirondack: Meadow
Adirondack: Stonewashed
Adirondack: Butterscotch
Adirondack: Pesto
Adirondack: Eggplant
Adirondack: Espresso

Paper: 
Glossy Paper: Mohawk Kromekote C1S - Xpedx
Basic Grey Cappella/Interlude (front & back)
Basic Grey Cappella/Timpani (back only)
Bazzill/Prismatics/Majestic Purple Dark

Ribbon: 
May Arts KN33

Stampscapes Stamps: 
Maple Brook - 259F
Scenic Sentiments Sheet #1 Plate 27B

Other: 
Spellbinder Nestabilities - Classic Ovals Lg. S4-110
Antique Brass Brads (I usually get them at Creative Impressions)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...