Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Tim Holtz and Hardware



I was reading over the quote by General Patton that I printed on to this card and realized that I should have emphasized the "how" on the front of the card. After reading it for the first time in a week...it was almost a little too odd to pick up what he was trying to say the first time you read it. On top of that little problem....I had worked really hard to make a beautiful but plain inside for the card and then realized afterword that I had it oriented the wrong way! In other words, you would have to turn the card sideways when you opened it, to read the rest of the quote! I was about to rip it out when hubby said "why don't you leave it? It suits the sentiment." Great idea...and voila, I was done! I do think I'll rewrite the quote a little better for class so that the meaning of the quote comes through clearly.

Tim Holtz products seem to go great with hardware don't they? I loved messing around with the clear acrylic fragment pieces that have so many applications! All I did on this was print "creative" on matching paper with my printer, center the fragment over the word, trace, cut out, distress and adhere to the acrylic. I'm sure there are many solutions to adhering the paper...but what I did was use my favorite glue...Clear Art Glitter Glue....spreading it thinly on the fragment. I let it dry a little until it almost turned clear, and while it was still tacky, I smoothed on the paper so the word could be seen just under the acrylic. The chain is one of my very favorite "ribbons" from Creative Impressions! It's very mini and comes with cute little fasteners that are a bear to attach! Totally worth it!!


Products Used:
* sentiments printed with an HP printer.  Fonts:  Atlanta - 12pt and Stonehenge - 26pt.
* Zva Rhinestones (amber color)

* Beaded Chain by Creative Impressions


Tim Holtz
* Adirondack Alchohol Ink Applicator
* Idea-ology Fragments/Charms
* Sissix Alterations Dies:  Scrollwork and Styled Labels
* Distress Walnut Ink

Paper
* Bazzill Grass Cloth Texture Cardstock / Stonehenge
* Cappella Mezzo by Basic Grey
* Cappella/Forte by Basic Grey

Posted by Picasa
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...